Cheryl Melody Baskin, Author of "Shift of Heart."
Feel Good During Hard Times: 7 Ways to Inner Paradise
Chaos is everywhere-internally at times, in personal situations, every day in the news and in our political climate, and of course globally. How do we keep it together-despite chaos, violence all around us, sadness, hurt, utter craziness?
There are ways to find Paradise in a New York Minute!
- BREATHING First, be aware of your breathing. Are you holding your breath or breathing in a shallow way? Here is an easy tool: Imagine a square shape, and each side of the square. Consciously and slowly breathe in deeply and count inside yourself: "1-2-3-4" for one side of the square; go to the next side of the square, and hold your breathe for 4; go to the next side, and breathe out slowly to 4; go to the final side, and hold your breath for 4. Repeat and repeat again- till you feel a sense of more calm and centeredness...until you feel more like the best version of you!
- WORDS: REPEATING A "MANTRA"--As you breathe, say two words to yourself: "THIS MOMENT, THIS MOMENT." This moment is all we know for sure. Stay in this moment, the present, the here and now..and use your breath and the words to help you BE in this moment, without your mind wondering, worrying, fretting, "awfulizing" and being in a state of anxiety.
- VISUALIZE! While you breathe and say those two words, visualize light, healing, love, kindness, compassion, inner mind and heart expansion and spaciousness, forgiveness, inner peace, courage, strength, caring, gentleness, warmth...in you, around you, for yourself, for those you know, for those you don't know, and even for those you don't like. Now there's a challenge AND an opportunity for inner growth!
- MOVE! Take a slow gentle sensory hear- the- symphony- of- sounds- all -around- you type of walk. It doesn't have to be cardio and hard exercise. If you are disabled, you imagine this walk--and studies show that it is the same as doing it! It can be a healing and slow walk, noticing...,noticing the colors, sounds, shapes, textures and smells all around you. Nature can indeed heal us. See it, be IN it, feel it, imagine it! Seeing just one flower heals-its colors, shape, beauty...be IN the flower's peace, healing and beauty.
- WHERE IS PARADISE WHEN LIFE IS CRAZY? Paradise isn't something that you have to save up for and go to...it doesn't require a hotel room and transportation and money. Paradise can be embraced into your spirit each moment right where you are.
- THE HEALING POWER OF WORDS: Say healthy words to yourself--your inner talk--Positive self-talk: Here are some positive affirmation examples: "Today is a good day." "All good comes my way today." "I love myself unconditionally." "I show my love to someone today." "I create small moments of kindness today." "I am courageous and strong." "I focus on the present and release the past." Create your own positive self-talk. Act "as if." As if it is true. Fake it till you make it, "they" say. It's true! BE it and you will claim your highest self, your star, your highest vibration of love for yourself and others.
- MUSIC: And then there is music! It has saved my life, my soul, my day and my moments so many times: Put on uplifting music! Conduct to it! Move to it! Sing or hum to it! HUM, WHISTLE, SING, MAKE UP SONGS, SING THE BLUES, SING YOUR JOY AND WHAT CAN BE POSSIBLE! These sounds create vibrations--vibrations that uplift and increase your energy and moods. Sound release is one of the only ways to massage yourself from inside-out, AND raise your energetic vibration to a new level! Pretty good medicine without negative side effects!
- SUMMARY: So that's it...that is how I can call upon paradise in a New York Minute--no matter what is happening. All these tools, these 7 tools, can save your cells, your body, your mind, your spirit. Try at least one of them, and please let me know if it helped. --------Written With Love, "Melody" (my preferred first name) Cheryl Melody Baskin http://www.cherylmelody.com